Saturday, April 19, 2014

Hobby Metric: Big Grins Per Day (BGPD)

I'm sitting here listening in and chiming in now and then, on 40 meters.  I have a big grin on my face, and a microphone in my hand, and an HF rig warming up the room.  This is really big fun. This is why I got into this hobby in the first place.  I like radios. I like people.  Bingo.

I went to another hamfest today, and got a Signalink (Sound card interface) and tonight I made my first PSK (digital) contact, using PSK63, which is similar to PSK31 but wider bandwidth, using FLDIGI.
If you don't know what those are, and you're interested, Google it.   There are some great youtube videos introducing Signalink, PSK modes, and the FLDIGI program.

This is REALLY awesome. I'm grinning from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment